My Gaming Machines - Then And Now - Jak Crane

The PlayStation 1:

My first gaming machine was the original PlayStation console, more commonly known as the PS1. I had this as my dad had it before I was born. Despite not having the PS1 for very long, as I soon moved on to the PS2, it was the original console that set me up for my gaming life and because of this console I have only ever owned and played on a PlayStation.


The PlayStation 1 was released on the 3rd of December 1994 and I was born in 2001 so it came out a while before I did. I would enjoy most things about the PS1. I liked how basic and easy it was to use, the graphics at the time I really liked and the games I also played. One thing that I didn't like about the was the fact that the remote controllers were wired so you couldn't really sit at any distance you were restricted to how far you could sit. I also did not like how that if the game did not work it would only display a black screen as you could not tell if it is taking a while to load or just wasn't working. My favourite game on the PS1 was Crash Bandicoot so I have provided some gameplay of the PS1 loading and then playing Crash Bandicoot.



The PlayStation 4:

The gaming machine I currently own and play on is the next gen console, the PS4. I got this console for Christmas from my parents and it is the best gaming machine I have ever played on. The PS1 was amazing at the time but the PlayStation 4 is a thousands times better.


The PlayStation 4 was released on the 29 November 2013 in the UK after the regular 6 year lifespan so to speak of the PlayStation 3. I Got the PS4 the Christmas the month after. Ever since it has had me hooked on constantly playing games because of how amazing the features and the gameplay is on the console. Being able to play with my friends online and being able to talk to them from anywhere around the world on the PlayStation is one of the best features that I really like. I also like how outstanding the graphics are on the PS4, the characters that feature on the games can look like they are real not computer generated they are just so life like. The two things that I don't like about the PlayStation 4 is the fact that you have to pay £40 a year to be able to use online game modes and be able to play with friends online. And the second is the fact that the servers go down quite a few times a year for maintenance. Other than these two things the PlayStation 4 is absolutely outstanding. My favourite game on the PS4 is Fifa 18. Here is some gameplay of The Journey on Fifa 18



Comparing the Playstation 1 To The PlayStation 4:

The PlayStation 4 is better in every aspect against the PlayStation 1. For instance the PS4 has bluetooth controllers so you can sit at a better distance away from the TV compared to the PS1 where the controllers were wired and they restricted how far you could sit away from the TV. Another feature that the PS4 is better for is the fact that on the PS4 you have access to use the internet on the console and play with friends online. On the contrary to the PS1 that had no internet connection what so ever. A third advantage of the PS4 compared to the PS1 was that the PS4 hardly ever crashes compared to the PS1 which would crash very easily. These are just three of many things that the PS4 is better than the PS1 for like graphics and storage.

Comparing Hardware Specifications Between The PS1 And The PS4:

PS1 (1994 - 102 million units sold)          
CPU - 32-bit MIPS (33mhz)                        
GPU - 32-bit R800A (33mhz)                      
System RAM - 2GB                                     
Video RAM - 1GB                                       
Resolution - 640x480 (SD)                          
Media - CD-ROM         

PS4 (Codename Orbis, Rumoured 2014)
CPU - Quad-core 'Steamroller' (3ghz)
GPU - AMD HD 7670 (1ghz) - assisted by A10 APU (CPU/GPU companion processor)
System RAM - 8gb
Video RAM - 1gb
Resolution - 1080p/3D/60fps, 4K
Media - 50gb BD                                








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gaming Platforms

First Post